The purpose of Evangels Harvestry for Christ Ministries is to be an evangel of truth: to teach and preach the full counsel of God, to take the full Gospel of Jesus Christ the U.S., and the world; and to disciple and train men, women, and youth for the glory of the Lord and the up-building of His kingdom.
WHAT WE BELIEVE...
1. We believe that the holy Scriptures are inspired or God-breathed, and that they are the infallible
Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16-17; Matthew 24:35; II Peter 1:20-21).
2. We believe in the Godhead or Trinity of God (God, the Father; God, the Son; God, the
Holy Ghost), as stated in Scripture. (Genesis 1:26; Colossians 2:8-9; Matthew 28:19).
3. We believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:36; Romans 10:9; Matthew 22:42-46).
4. We believe that man is in a sinful, fallen state; and that his only means of
reconciliation and redemption is through faith in Christ's substitutionary work on
the cross. (Acts 4:12; Romans 5:12-21; Ephesians 2:8-10)
5. We believe that salvation is by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ.
(Romans 3:21-26; Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-10).
6. We believe in the baptism or infilling of the Holy Spirit as a second work of grace,
subsequent to salvation, or as a simultaneous work, accompanying salvation in some instances. (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:1-18).
7. We believe in the resurrection and "catching away" (or "Rapture") of believers in
Christ to an eternal, heavenly reward; and in the eternal punishment of all unbelievers
in a literal Hell and Lake of Fire.
(I Thessalonians 4:13-18; I Corinthians 15-51-54; Revelation 20:11-15)
8. We believe in water baptism by immersion as an outward demonstration of a new life
in Christ. (Romans 6:4; I Peter 3:18-21; Acts 22:16).
9. We believe that sanctification (or “setting apart”) of the believer comes by the blood of
Jesus Christ, the work of the Word of God and the Spirit of God, and is an on-going
process throughout the life of the believer.
(Hebrews 13:12; John 17:17; I Corinthians 6:9-11; I Thessalonians 5:23).
10. We believe in living a godly lifestyle in accordance with, and in obedience to, the
Word of God. (II Corinthians 6:11-18; Titus 1:11-14; I Peter 1:13-19).
11. We believe in the manifestation of the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit through the “Gifts of the Spirit”.
(I Corinthians 12:4-11; Acts 2:17-20; Mark 16:17-18).
12. We believe in the support of the work of the kingdom of God through the giving of tithes and offerings.
(Malachi 3:8-12; II Corinthians 8:1-15; I Corinthians 9:6-13).